FAR WEST NORDIC SENIORS
Acknowledge the Olympic Dream. Validate the Active Lifestyle.
Support Far West Farm Team with your Donation Today
Far West Nordic would like to announce the naming of it’s Senior “Farm Team” for 2012-2013. Welcome to new Farm Team members Noah Brautigam, Spencer Eusden, Beth Taylor, and Holly Whitney and returning members Wyatt Fereday, Gus Johnson, and Phillip Violett. Meet the athletes of Far West Nordic Farm Team.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! and Thank You for being a vital link to our development programs here in Far West. These athletes will be training with the Far West Nordic Junior Teams, fund-raising for Far West Nordic, doing Community Service, blogging, and RACING for Far West Nordic!
We are pleased to welcome them all to our team. Please stay tuned to the Far West Farm Team page for blog updates from the athletes. Please support them and cheer on their efforts when you see them out and about.
Far West Farm Team Criteria 2012-2013
The following will be considered in choosing the Far West Farm Team for 2012-2013. FW Senior Committee and Coaches will go down the list until the allotment is filled or, we run out of candidates.
- Up to a maximum of 6 athletes for 2012-2013
- Age 20-29 years old
- Senior, Collegiate, or Junior National Champion previously
- USST National Team or USST Development Team member currently
- USSA NRL Top 25 for Men and Women (or FIS point equivalent based on most recent ranking list)
- USSA NRL top 50 for Men and Women (or FIS point equivalent based on most recent ranking list)
- USSA NRL Top 100 for Men and Women (or FIS point equivalent based on most recent ranking list)
- Top Three finish overall in Men or Women in FW Races (The Great Race, The Gold Rush, Tahoe Rim Tour)
- USSA NRL Top 250 for Men and Women (or FIS point equivalent based on most recent ranking list)
- ‘XC Skiing Ambassador’ for Far West Region within the past year; ie., Coaching, Teaching, Clinician, etc
- Local-> Regional-> National-> International athletes get preference (in that order)
- Far West coaches discretion up to a maximum of 2 spots
These athletes are an important part of our mission to produce top quality training, racing, and cross country skiing environment in the Far West Division. They will be working closely within the divisional Ski Clubs by volunteering and helping out at Junior practices. This is especially important for the perpetual motivation and development of our Junior skiers. They will also help boost the quality of Master skiing in our area by providing help with clinics/coaching and race/training day competition.
The Far West Nordic "Farm Team" is a stepping stone to the USST or US National Team.
Elite Team Preview: Far West Farm Team June 27th, 2012 from fasterskier.com
Far West Nordic thanks our sponsors.